Are you the type of person who would rather not spend all day in the kitchen? Do you get turned off by any recipe with more than 8 ingredients? I usually like easy meals because for a busy mom like me, I really don’t have the time and money to get special ingredients and be in the kitchen for hours, following a 20-step procedure. So for all of you looking for quick recipes, here’s one I made that was super easy using Kraft Recipe Makers.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Wontons
- 1lb chicken, cubed
- 1 Box Kraft Recipe Makers in Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Bell peppers, diced
- Pineapple, diced
- Wonton wraps
1. Cook chicken with half the bottle of Kraft Recipe Makers simmer sauce until chicken is cooked.
2. Add vegetables and a little more simmer sauce for a couple of minutes while shredding the chicken.
3. Add pineapple (set aside about 1/4 cup) and 3/4 of the finishing sauce (keep the remaining 1/4!)
4. Fill in the wonton wraps: turn one sheet to look like a diamond, put a teaspoon of the chicken filling, put some water on one side and seal! Fill in all the wontons you need before starting the frying process.
5. Heat a pan with about an inch of oil. When ready, place some filled wontons and turn once they become golden brown.
6. Use the rest of the finishing sauce as a dip and top with some pineapple.
Recipe makes PLENTY. I made over 30 and didn’t even use half of the chicken and wonton wraps.
Check out my Google + Story to see more photos! #kraftrecipemakers
This was absolutely a breeze to make and it was so delicious that my picky 2-year-old devoured them! I love quick and easy meals because it gives me more time to spend with my family. The Kraft Recipe Makers actually spared me from having to buy so many other ingredients that I normally wouldn’t need otherwise and it cut my prep time in half (at least). They also offer different varieties like New England Pot Roast, Verde Chicken Enchilada and Hickory BBQ Beef to name a few. A typical Recipe Makers box serves 5 people, which is way cheaper than dining out! This meal kit is such a lifesaver now and I’m so excited to use the leftover chicken over rice for tomorrow.
Follow Kraft Foods on Facebook for some other yummy recipes!
How about you? What easy meals have you made that you are you absolutely proud of?