I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias
Because I’m pretty certain that I should have been born in a previous decade, I’ve always been drawn to anything hippie or boho chic. Seriously, I feel like I could wear that style every day. Of course, my makeup has to somewhat coordinate with my usual attire. I wanted to share with you a tutorial for one of my favorite makeup looks: the very refreshing boho chic look! Everything you need for this, you can find at Walmart’s cosmetics aisle just like I did.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation (I use Classic Beige)
Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara (in Black)
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner (in Brown)
Rimmel Scandaleyes Gel Eyeliner (in Black)
Rimmel Glam Eyes Eyeshadow Quad (in Smokey Brun)
Rimmel Natural Bronzer
Rimmel 24hr Stay Glossy Lip Gloss (in Here to Stay)
Here’s what I did to achieve the look:
1. Matte up your face. Apply the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation. I love this because I have a naturally oily face and the mousse texture of the foundation helps fight the shine. I like to use a complexion brush for applying foundation just because I feel like it gets to places I normally can’t with a sponge or my hands.
2. Define your eyes. Apply some Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner on your top and bottom water line. I love using brown because it’s not as harsh-looking as black but it still gives a bit of definition to your eyes! The waterproof aspect also helps, especially if you’ll be under hot temps (music festivals, anybody?)
3. Add a subtle smoke. For the eyes, I like putting on some sort of gradient. I use the lightest color for the inner corner of my eyes and the darkest one for the outer part. I then dab on some gold for the middle part and blend it all together.
4. Intensify your eyes. Add a subtle wing tip, just enough to enhance your outer lashes. The Rimmel Scandaleyes Gel Liner is my favorite to use because it stays on all day.
5. Contour! Use a much darker Stay Matte foundation or the Natural Bronzer (depending on how drastic you want the shadows to look) under your cheekbones, on the sides of your nose, and on your neck. This will give your face more definition and will make it look slimmer, especially if you have a round face like I do! Now would also be a good time to apply blush and concealer. I’ve been skipping the blush lately because I’ve been getting this natural flushed look. I also put on the concealer much later so it fixes any eyeshadow fall out. It also just looks brighter over the foundation and contouring.
6. Elongate your lashes. This is very important because this is what draws the attention to your eyes! Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara has an hourglass-shaped brush, making my lashes look way fuller than they normally would.
How’s that for some Boho #BeautyInspiration? I love that this look just has a fresh and bright feel to it without breaking the bank. If you’re looking to get a better deal, there will be a $1 off coupon each for the Stay Matte Foundation and the Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara in the upcoming Sunday newspaper (to celebrate their 180 year anniversary. I know, right? They’ve been around for THAT long) that you can use when you purchase from Walmart!
Now, for your favorite part: the GIVEAWAY!
Rimmel is giving away 25 baskets with $50 worth of Rimmel products.
Enter below, you might just win and be able to create several other makeup looks on your own!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Coty® Rimmel® Giveaway starts at 4/2/14 at 12:00 A.M. (midnight) ET and ends on 4/25/14 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to (i) members of the Social Fabric community, (ii) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and (iii) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Click here for Official Rules and details including how to enter, entry criteria, prizes and restrictions, etc. Void in PR and where prohibited. Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc.